Monday 24 January 2011

1st October 1881

As I sit here to write, there is a young woman fighting for her life in the sitting room below. I hope Mr Holmes is doing the right thing in insisting Dr Watson treat her himself, she was so gravely ill before and would hate to think that if she dies this night it will be due to our actions, or rather inaction's. She is an odd woman, I almost thought she was a girl at first due to her skirts being so short. Immorally so in fact. Such an odd way of dressing. A black jacket which seemed to be more of a gentleman's jacket than anything a woman would wear, and that smock or I suppose dress. It reminds me of the romance style, old fashioned, but that short it did not reach her knees. Very plain, like her jacket. The oddest things are her boots, heavy things, with orange stitching and more of a mans style, plus her stockings which were long, almost like medieval hose. Black again, and very tight. I've never seen such a woman, and doubt I will again. I hope and pray that she regains her health and we can find out who she is and where she comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment